Setliste 21.April 2009 Boston/Massachusetts

Alles um Bruce Springsteen und die E-Streeter.

Moderatoren: magie, humantouch

Setliste 21.April 2009 Boston/Massachusetts

Beitragvon woodyguthrie » Mi 22. Apr 2009, 10:30

Bild
Bild01. Badlands
02. Adam Raised A Cain
03. Outlaw Pete
04. Out In The Street
05. Working On A Dream
06. Seeds
07. Johnny 99
08. Ghost of Tom Joad
09. Raise Your Hands
10. I'M BAD I'M NATIONWIDE (sign request)
11. I'm Goin' Down (sign request)
12. Growin' Up (sign request)
13. Waiting On A Sunny Day
14. The Promised Land
15. The Wrestler
16. Kingdom of Days
17. Radio Nowhere (sign request)
18. Lonesome Day
19. The Rising
20. Born To Run
21. Hard Times
22. Tenth Avenue Freezeout
23. Land of Hope and Dreams
24. American Land
25. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)

Dauer der Show 2:36h

Morgen wieder Boston. :)

Woody Guthrie ;)
"He is the Boss"
Bild
woodyguthrie
Admin
Admin

von Anzeige » Mi 22. Apr 2009, 10:30

Anzeige

Re: Setliste 22.April 2009 Boston/Massachusetts

Beitragvon woodyguthrie » Mi 22. Apr 2009, 11:20

Hier der Bericht von Backstreets:

APRIL 21, BOSSTON, NIGHT ONE OF TWO
From the West coast last week now back to the East, Bruce and the E Street Band are bad, they're nationwide. And that was the clear highlight for this first night in Boston, a cover of ZZ Top's "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide"—which Bruce seemed to think was an E Street Band premiere: "They don't know this one." Somewhat legendarily among aficianados, though, this one celebrated/poked fun at newfound superstar status in Philly on the Born in the U.S.A. tour, on 9/15/84. But okay, just once, 25 years ago... we'll let it slide. And his memory wasn't all hazy: "I think I used to play this in the bars." A well-made sign for the song included lyrics and chord changes, but it was still a challenge to rise to. Bruce: "Can they do it? xxxx yeah, they're the E Street Band!" And they did, it kicked ass, with a postscript: "Don't try to stump the E Street Band!"

Otherwise, a setlist very similar to night one in L.A. Also played by request were the directionally contradictory "I'm Goin' Down" and "Growin' Up." The sign for the latter included an addendum: "...and a story to tell." But no such luck. It was the guitar that talked tonight, Bruce playing searing leads on "Adam Raised a Cain," "Seeds," and "The Ghost of Tom Joad"—Nils smoked on that one, too. And speaking of smoke: the Superbowl LCD screens were gone, with some new smoke-machine action providing a different effect in their place.

Patti was again absent, not "home with the kids" as with last week's L.A. shows, but this time because of an accident: she "took a spill" while horse riding on Saturday, Bruce told the crowd. "She wasn't riding with Madonna—it wasn't a Madonna-like spill," he joked, but the spill itself sounds like no fun at all. Springsteen described multiple contusions and bruised ribs, "and whiplash, from me driving her to the hospital." He said she'd be back after a few shows, and in the meantime, "she asked me to play this for you," going into "Kingdom of Days."

Jay Weinberg was behind the kit for the final four songs of the main set, "Radio Nowhere" through "Born to Run." And more offspring were in the house as "Hard Times" was sent out "to my handsome son Evan and my lovely daughter Jessie." Patti, hope you're feeling better soon.

Next stop: Night two of back-to-back Boston shows, Wednesday night.

WG :)
"He is the Boss"
Bild
woodyguthrie
Admin
Admin

Ähnliche Beiträge

TAGS

Zurück zu Bruce Springsteen and The E-Street Band