Setliste 5.April 2009 Austin/Texas

Alles um Bruce Springsteen und die E-Streeter.

Moderatoren: magie, humantouch

Setliste 5.April 2009 Austin/Texas

Beitragvon woodyguthrie » Mo 6. Apr 2009, 04:20

Bild
Nun,heutige Station war Austin in Texas.
28 Lieder in der Setlise wieder,einige Tourpremieren sind dabei,es läuft für Bruce exzellent!
Bild
Setliste:
01. Badlands
02. Outlaw Pete
03. My Lucky Day
04. Prove It All Night (Tour Premiere)
05. Out In The Street
06. Working On A Dream
07. Seeds
08. Johnny 99
09. Youngstown (Tour Premiere)
10. Working On The Highway
11. Sherry Darlin' (Request) (Tour Premiere)
12. She's The One (Tour Premiere)
13. Because the Night
14. Waiting On A Sunny Day
15. The Promised Land
16. The Wrestler
17. Kingdom of Days
18. Radio Nowhere
19. Lonesome Day
20. The Rising
21. Born To Run
22. Hard Times
23. JUNGLELAND (Tour Premiere)
24. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
25. I'M A ROCKER (Tour Premiere)
26. Land of Hope and Dreams
27. American Land
28. Glory Days (Tour Premiere)

Woody Guthrie :)
"He is the Boss"
Bild
woodyguthrie
Admin
Admin

von Anzeige » Mo 6. Apr 2009, 04:20

Anzeige

Re: Setliste 5.April 2009 Austin/Texas

Beitragvon woodyguthrie » Mo 6. Apr 2009, 21:29

Pressebericht:NJ.com
Bruce Springsteen's Sunday show in Austin

Posted by Stan Goldstein April 06, 2009
3:42AM, The Star Ledger

Whenever Bruce Springsteen and the E Streeet Band are on tour, I like to travel to a city or two that I haven't been to before and also catch a show.

I'm in the nice city of Austin, Texas right now, and got to see a real good show from Bruce and the band on Sunday night.

A long show, 2 hours and 55 minutes and although there were some clumsy moments, it was a fun show and the full crowd at the Frank Erwin Center was into it from start to finish.

My first show since the second Asbury Park rehearsal show and Bruce and the band are quite quite
into the swing of things.Started at 8:21 p.m. Please Bruce, continue this trend, no more post 8:30 p.m. starts.

Looks like Bruce may be abandoning Working on a Dream already as, for the second straight show, we only got five songs off the new album. Hmmmm.....

1. Badlands
Continues to be a strong opener. Had the crowd into from the start.

2. Outlaw Pete
The band is getting this down compared to Asbury Park. Cool to see Bruce with the cowboy hat.

3. My Lucky Day
Nice 1-2 punch off the new album. As someone wrote after one of the Asbury Park shows, this is sort of the new "Two Hearts" as Bruce and Steven play it up and Bruce even yells "Come On Steve!" at one point.
Guess Bruce feels as though these are safe ones and isn't ready to experiment yet with more off the new album except for the other songs he's been playing. As someone wrote, this

4. Prove It All Night (tour premiere)
I wouldn't complain if this was in the setlist every night. Looks likes this will be a wildcard spot every show.
We've had No Surrender and Night here and now Prove it. Always powerful. A blistering guitar solo by Bruce. Although he had a better guitar solo later in the show.

5. Out In The Street
I like this too. Always fun.

6. Working On A Dream
This is very polished now.
Bruce talks before the song how he's going to "Build a house of hope, joy and faith. How "we're going to take desperate times and building them into a house of love. .... We're going to build a house of sexual healing... Use the bad news and make it good news. .... We got all the tools on this stage and we've got the band to bring you the music and the spirit ... and we got the mightly E Stret Band to bring the the music you need and you can make the noise.......and sing it like you mean it!"
Well at least he's not building a house during Mary's Place.

7. Seeds
Nice Bruce guitar work at the end of the song.

8. Johnny 99
Steven's guitar was turned up way too high during one of his solos.... Ouch!

9. Youngstown
Nice to see this in the setlist. It was rehearsed (privately) in Asbury Park but first time this has been played on the tour.
Of course Nils was great as usual with his solo.

10. Working On The Highway
Bruce came out to the front-center lip of the stage and sang it.

Bruce then took sign request, there weren't a ton of signs. The first one he played was written on some gum wrappers and Bruce showed it to the crowd, it was a good request though for:

11. Sherry Darlin' (tour premiere)
Always fun... Clarence's sax was a bit rough though here. Bruce was encouraging him and said "You got it C!" but during another solo, it wasn't quite there. Bruce was dancing with Steve at one point and then back-to-back with Patti.

12. She's The One (tour premiere)
After the song started, Garry looked at the setlist Max had and sort of looked at Max and they both were like "oh well.". Kind of funny. This was on the setlist though I believe, I'm on Fire was on it but not played.

13. Because The Night
Bruce did the guitar solo and it was awesome.

14. Waiting On A Sunny Day
Bruce had to wait for Steve to get his acoustic guitar before starting the song. He was yelling "Stevie! Stevie! Stevie!"
Bruce brought a little girl onstage to sing some of the lyrics.

15. The Promised Land

16. The Wrestler
Some people were wondering if this would hold up in a big arena. But it does. Crowd knows the song and is really appreciative of it. Clapping in the middle of it

17. Kingdom of Days
Continues to be one of the highlights of the show for me. Bruce and Patti are great on this together and it is "their song."
The person next to me yelled out "Beautiful!" when it was over. I had to agree.

18. Radio Nowhere

19. Lonesome Day
Bruce loves this song. Crowd does get into it but if it took a rest from the setlist, I wouldn't mind.

20. The Rising

21. Born To Run
Bruce had Kevin P. and his friends play the guitar.

Before the encores, Bruce talked about how he's been coming to Texas since 1974. He then looked at Kevin and his two friends and asked them when they were born. They said "1990." Bruce said: "1990! I was already old then!"
Bruce then talked about how he was from New Jersey "the corruption state. We got that down better than anyone else."
He said when the first came to Texas, they played Liberty Hall and then Amarillo. They really didn't like flying so they took a train there. They didn't have bunks or anything, just seats and it was such a long ride.
So they next went to Arizona and they took a plane there.

22. Hard Times
23. Jungleland (tour premiere)
After Clarence's solo, which he nailed, Bruce went over to him to give him a little hug. Clarence grabbed him back and it was a touching moment. Sort of Clarence saying "I still got it Bruce."

24. Tenth Ave Freezeout
The screens behind the stage were flashing the words "10th Avenue Freezeout" during the song.

25. I'm A Rocker (request and a tour premiere)
Bruce had one of the signs he took earlier. He showed it to the crowd.
He then said "Come on Max, I fogot how it starts."
It was fun, but it was sloppy. They have only played in a few times in recent years. At one point Bruce came down to the front center lip of the stage but realized he didn't know the words to he had to go back to his teleprompter and be safe.
At one point, toward the end of the song, Bruce as spinning around and around his microphone stand.

26. Land Of Hope & Dreams
27. American Land

28. Glory Days (a request and tour premiere)
Bruce saw the sign in the audience and at the end of American Land he motioned for it to be brought up to him.
Crowd was very much into it, the entire arena (which looked to be sold out or very close to it).
I always like hearing this, it is one of Bruce's signature songs and it's fun.

Show over at 11:16 p.m.

Overall a very solid show. Band may not quite be there yet, but hey, it's only the third show of the tour and I'm glad I made the trip to Austin, which is a very nice city and has tons of live music.

Quelle:http://blog.nj.com/springsteen/2009/04/%20...%20_show.html

Woody Guthrie :)
"He is the Boss"
Bild
woodyguthrie
Admin
Admin

Ähnliche Beiträge

TAGS

Zurück zu Bruce Springsteen and The E-Street Band